AN elegantly restored church with much work undertaken by the Talbot family in the 19th Century.
It is a Victorian restoration of an earlier medieval church. The first church in Nicholaston was built close to the sandy cliffs that overlook the sea. The sand gradually moved in and made the site unusable, so some time in the 14th Century a new church was built inland.
It was comprehensively rebuilt in 1894 by Olive Talbot as a memorial to her father, CRM Talbot, of Margam Castle and Penrice Castle.